Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beer Me....

Office reference, you're missing out if you don't know what I'm talking about.  Last night Mike and I ventured out to a couple of Jacksonville Beach's finest Breweries, also known as the only Breweries in Jacksonville Beach.  It's not a big place, two is really doing quite well. 
First we checked out Engine 15 for some beer and hummus (I was hungry, I get a bit cranky after 6 hours without sustenance, no I wouldn't make it on a desert island).  Mike had a delicious Dopplebock and I had an amazing Tangerie Wheat!  It was FANTASTIC!  The only thing that would have made this beer any better was sitting outside drinking it on a 90 degree day, it is definitely meant to be a heat-induced summer beer (probably at 2p on a Sunday, but that's another story). 
Tangerine Wheat=Delicious!
We tried a couple of other beers and then headed to Slider's in Neptune Beach for some Oysters, Shrimp, and Mahi Taco's!  Also delicious-which was probably the theme of the night.  Next visitors, we're going to Slider's. After that, we stopped by the Green Room Brewery in Jacksonville Beach for another beer, and to watch Tebow lose (enough with the Tebow-mania already!).  We had Green Room beers-they only serve their own beers and a few Florida beers-and enjoyed a fun end to our beer tasting evening!
Mmmmm.....Beer

A few high octane beers later and I can't remember the name, but it was a tasty wheat beer indeed :-)

Clean Ocean Brown Ale for the Handsome Husband!
A great night for The Mahoney's, just hangin' with the locals and drinkin' lots o' beer!  Beer me water today, please! ;-) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg...tangerine wheat sounds AMAZING!! I want to do that with you at 2pm on a sunday when i come visit in february!! (90 degrees or not...) xoxo