Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dumb Dumb Files

On Friday I left work in a hurry to head to Raleigh for the weekend.  I got everything together, packed Lloyd in to the car (he'd been stowed away in my office all afternoon) and off we went.  Two hours later, I stop for gas and a sandwich.  "Lloyd, where did I put my purse??"

After the realization that I left my entire bag in my desk drawer, two hours away, I have to call Mike to explain that I'm THIS stupid.  It didn't go over well at first, but he agreed to get in the car and drive two hours to fill up the car and get me back on the road.  By the time he got there, at 9:00p, and I still had 5 hours to drive, we agreed that it was a better idea to head home and give up on Raleigh for the weekend.  Sad to do this, it was definitely a smarter choice than trying to make the trek, sans money and license, to Raleigh and back. 

I'm still not sure how it's possible that I forgot the ONE thing I would never go anywhere without?!  Poor husband, all he wanted was a quiet night watching sports with Milton, and insteand we spent our entire Friday making laps on I-95.  This story will be making a come-back for years.....

Who has two thumbs and isn't very bright?!  This girl!

No comments: