Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Food Coma....

No one's surprised when I say this, but we LOVE food!  Not food for sustinance sake or survival, but food because we really like it.  Mike and I, without question, love cooking, eating, going out to eat, drinking wine that goes with eating (and sometimes just drinking)....anything food-related.  I'm even excited about having a compost one day, that comes from all of the decomposing food items discarded when cooking food that we're going to eat.  Yes, I've already thought about food we'll be cooking & eating in 5 years.

So it's no surprise either that we surround ourselves with people that like food too. Our friends Alex & Sarah love to eat great food, Ivy & Adam are serious about their dining too, it's just the most wonderful hobby that we all share!  When Ivy and I went to visit Lauren in Charleston last weekend, we had a wonderful time catching up and hanging out, but mostly we just enjoyed eating together.  We had fantastic fajitas (courtesy of Zach) on Friday night, breakfast Saturday morning, a DELICIOUS lunch at Ivy & I's favorite French restaurant downtown, amazing afternoon desserts at Kaminsky's,  Ivy's favorite-5 Loaves-for dinner Saturday night, and then amazing pancakes for breakfast.  And then we left Charleston.  All that food in such a short period of time, and none of us felt even a little bit bad about it!  Wonderful food, great friends, that's what it's all about!

All of this to say, I like cooking for my husband.  I think it's part of being a good wife (just my opinion, don't be offended by the 1950's flashback), and Mike likes this about me (most of the time, except for when I make him eat something that went wrong, then not so much).  He's also not in love with the whole, "smell this and tell me if it's bad" thing, weirdly enough.  We love eating meals together, especially dinner after a long day of work.  Here's what we've been eating lately:
Parmsean Sage Pork Chops, Zucchini Patties & Butternut Squash Risotto!

Prosciutto-wrapped pesto chicken, Italain Mashed Potatoes, & Pesto Asparagus
And these are just the times I can restrain myself long enough to take pictures.  We love food.  That's all for now, I'm sure it's got to be snack time soon!  Happy eating people!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love food, too! Uh, I mean, I love YOU, too!! :) Those meals sound totally amazing! (PLEASE send me the proscuitto-wrapped-pesto chicken and italian mashed potatos recipe, ASAP!) You always do such a great job of coming up with new and creative recipes. You are a wonderful wife and I know that Mike (and his tummy) are very lucky to have you! xoxo