Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mike's Birthday Weekend!

Yes, we still celebrate with birthday weekends/weeks!  Mike turned 32 on Tuesday so we spent the weekend before doing birthday things and eating cake-birthday pumpkin cake this year, per Mike's request.  Lianne, Shad & their super cute children came to visit us for the weekend as well, so we got to have a great meal out with them on Saturday night and a full day of fun at the beach and pool on Sunday!  We took Lloyd back to the beach for a walk on Sunday night, he loved it!  Much better than the first time, he was running through the little waves and didn't panic when a "big" wave got him.  By the end of the adventure, he was worn out, sandy and shivering but a much bigger fan of the beach!  I can't wait till I can take him running one day! 

Mike and I had Monday Funday for his birthday; we went to see Horribles Bosses (hilarious-go and see it!!) and had a fantastic lunch at the "famous" Beachside Restaurant in Jax Beach (we had our first oyster shooters and some delicious fish...and maybe a pitcher of beer).  Great day overall, followed by a fancier birthday dinner on Tuesday at Marker 32.  Not gonna lie, I had a groupon which swayed me into pickhing this place, but we were so glad we got to eat there!  We had some ridiculously good food (Mike had salmon, I had crabcakes-all amazing!) and we got to see a dolphin in the marina and about 2,000 stray cats and kittens!  Overall, a pretty good birthday I think (Mike said it was, I promise!) and a great weekend as a whole!  Now back to work for the rest of the week till we can do it all again... :)



Waiting for a treat!

With Daddy



Cold after his dip in the ocean!




Helping Mike unwrap his gifts!

P.S. All of our pictures are now of Lloyd, we have no use for pictures of each other or anything else, so sorry for that from here on out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am LOVING the pictures of Lloyd! He is just so precious, I can't get over it! :) And even though he's stealing the show for a little while, you're still my #1-most-favorite-bff-wifey!! xoxo

Lauren Chestnutt Coburn said...

Lloyd is TOO cute!